Hacks and true stories of computing
- “Hacker Folklore” in the Jargon File.
- “Software Folklore”. A collection of stories mostly about bugs.
- How Coherent 4.2.05 corrupted filesystems.
- “MP3 for image compression”.
- NetBSD 1.3 dial-up gateway runs from 1998 to 2012.
- “Print this file, your printer will jam”.
- “Russian malware communicates by leaving comments in Britney Spears's Instagram”.
- “The Ultimate in Garbage Collection”.
- “Unix Recovery Legend”.
Tags: compression, humor, links, list, nonfiction, programming, sysadmin.